Because of the grassroots nature of the SFA, we are relying on your local ingenuity to develop ideas for fundraising for sarcoma research. Rest assured that we will help facilitate your efforts so that you can have a successful event! Possible fundraising ideas include a cocktail reception, happy hour, wine tasting, bowling tournament, lemonade stand, garage sale, car wash, local run/walk, golf tournament, or gala.
Below is a list of upcoming fundraising events throughout the U.S. that are raising vital funds for sarcoma research. Please get involved!
FROM FEBRUARY 1st TO JUNE 1st
• $30 PER PERSON ONE-ON-ONE
• $25 FOR A GROUP (UP TO FOUR PEOPLE)
• ONE HOUR OF QUALITY INSTRUCTION (EXTRA HALF HOUR FOR GROUP)
• PICTURES UPLOADED ON THE FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM PAGES
• $20 PER PERSON (UP TO FOUR TO A SESSION)
• TWO HOURS OF TIME (DEPENDING ON HOW MANY PEOPLE)
• FULL MAKEUP & SIMPLE HAIR
• PICTURES UPLOADED ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM PAGES
• AT HOME MAKEOVERS ARE ACCEPTED UNLESS FURTHER THAN 30 MINUTES FROM CHADDS FORD, PA
ALL MONEY GOES TO THE SARCOMA FOUNDATION OF AMERICA TO FUND RESEARCH AND HELP US FIND THE CURE TO SARCOMA CANCER
CONTACT INFORMATION: *contact me to schedule a time and date for a makeup session
EVA SHEPPARD ADDRESS: 13 WILDERNESS WAY, CHADDS FORD, PA 19317
In September of 2013, Jon Steinberg, an Indiana University student and active brother of Theta Chi Fraternity, lost his mother, Wendy Walker Steinberg, to a rare form of cancer called sarcoma. When we approached Jon about the idea of hosting a philanthropic event in honor of his mothers passing, he was ecstatic. Jon explained, “For four months my mother fought off a terrible disease that no one should ever have to experience. Hospital trips became routine, where she received treatment for the cancer and the harsh pain she experienced. Yet even in her weakest state, she still managed to show her strength. Throughout my life I have never met a person that could light up a room quite like she did. Mom you are an amazing mother and gave me so much love throughout my life. I’ve never met a stronger person, and I am so proud to have a mother like you. We miss you so unbelievably much and I am honored to call you my mother. I love you.”
Following Jon’s approval, the men of Theta Chi Fraternity created Pick n’ Roll For the Cure, a philanthropic fundraiser benefiting the Sarcoma Foundation of America. Our ultimate goals are to increase awareness about the disease, generate donations for the foundation, and keep the memory of Wendy Walker Steinberg alive.
Race for Hope/Finding a Cure in our Life Time
When: March 29, 2014 at 9:00am
Where: 5k Hope Run to Forest Park, St. Louis, MO
The 5 or 1, 5k run or 1 mile fun walk, held on May 4th, 2014, will directly benefit Sarcoma Cancer research. In loving memory of our friend, Allison Valverde, who was granted her angel wings in April of 2012, we will release butterflies at the beginning of the race. There will be something for everyone; door prizes, awards for each gender/age group, special performances, and more! Come out and support a beautiful cause and kick off Spring!
Early Registration: $20.00 (includes t-shirt, refreshments, door prize raffle)
The event will be at Meadow Breeze Park in Washington, NJ in Warren County.
On-site registration begins at 8am
Race begins promptly at 9am
Walk begins promptly at 9:30am
We hope to see you there!
• Platinum ($1,000): Listed on event T-shirts XL print, sponsor recognition in all race emails, five complimentary race registrants, if interested you may set up an informational table, hand out promotional materials/product samples, and/or display signage on race day. ($100 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• Gold ($500): Listed on event T-shirts in L print, sponsor recognition in all race emails, three complimentary race registrants, if interested you may set up an informational table or hand out promotional materials/product samples on race day. ($60 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• Silver ($250): Listed on event T-shirts in M print, sponsor recognition in all race emails, two complimentary race registrants. ($40 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• Bronze ($100): Listed on event T-shirts in S print, one complimentary race registrant. ($20 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• T-shirt sponsor - Complete sponsorship ($800): Listed on event t-shirts in L print, sponsor recognition in all race emails, four complimentary race registrants. ($80 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• Awards/Medals - ($200): Listed on event t-shirts in S print, one complimentary race registrant ($20 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• In-Kind Donations: Gift cards, product donations, snacks(granola bars, bagels, fruits, chips, ice etc.), and water bottles for door prize raffles would be appreciated: List on event T-shirts as an In-Kind donator, complimentary race registrants based on donation
The 4th Annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma 5K is both a 5K (3.1 miles) Run or 5K Walk event.
We are pleased to announce the 4th Annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma 5K Run / Walk will be held on Saturday, July 12, 2014, at the North Park Boat House in Allison Park, PA. The event is being organized in cooperation with the Sarcoma Foundation of America (SFA). Our goal is to raise both awareness and resources for sarcoma research through the SFA and the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI) Sarcoma Research Fund. The success of this effort depends on contributions from both organizations and concerned individuals.
Special Event Attractions!
Sarcoma candle memorial ceremony, 5K runner awards and trophies, basket raffle, door prizes,‘Act 80’ live band, 50/50 drawing, post race food, race team displays and festivities.
All runners will be ‘Champion Chip’ timed by Runners High Timing Company.
North Park Boathouse
Pearce Mill Road
Allison Park, PA 15101
Event Date: 08/23/2014
Event Time: Registration starts at 12:30pm
Location: Willowbrook Country Club in Apollo, PA
This is the second annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma Golf Outing. The event is being held to help bring about awareness and the symptoms of sarcoma. Golf is a scramble event, with a semi-formal dinner to follow, with prizes and a brief introduction to sarcoma from local physicians from university of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Registration info coming soon!
We are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Swing Against Sarcoma, Bud Lawall Memorial Golf Outing, which will be held on September 20, 2014, at the Bucks Club in Jamison, PA. Harry “Bud” Lawall Jr. was a man like no other. He was an orthotist/prosthetist by trade, but also carpenter, fisherman, golfer, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother, uncle, and friend. Let’s continue to follow Bud’s words of wisdom, “Keep your head up.”
Information on sarcoma subtypes, treatments, clinical trials, and other important resources for sarcoma patients and families.
Information on the Sarcoma Patient Registry. If you are diagnosed with sarcoma, please consider joining the Registry.
Information on applying for a sarcoma research grant, current research funded by the SFA, and past research grants.