Because of the grassroots nature of the SFA, we are relying on your local ingenuity to develop ideas for fundraising for sarcoma research. Rest assured that we will help facilitate your efforts so that you can have a successful event! Possible fundraising ideas include a cocktail reception, happy hour, wine tasting, bowling tournament, lemonade stand, garage sale, car wash, local run/walk, golf tournament, or gala.
Below is a list of upcoming fundraising events throughout the U.S. that are raising vital funds for sarcoma research. Please get involved!
FROM FEBRUARY 1st TO JUNE 1st
• $30 PER PERSON ONE-ON-ONE
• $25 FOR A GROUP (UP TO FOUR PEOPLE)
• ONE HOUR OF QUALITY INSTRUCTION (EXTRA HALF HOUR FOR GROUP)
• PICTURES UPLOADED ON THE FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM PAGES
• $20 PER PERSON (UP TO FOUR TO A SESSION)
• TWO HOURS OF TIME (DEPENDING ON HOW MANY PEOPLE)
• FULL MAKEUP & SIMPLE HAIR
• PICTURES UPLOADED ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM PAGES
• AT HOME MAKEOVERS ARE ACCEPTED UNLESS FURTHER THAN 30 MINUTES FROM CHADDS FORD, PA
ALL MONEY GOES TO THE SARCOMA FOUNDATION OF AMERICA TO FUND RESEARCH AND HELP US FIND THE CURE TO SARCOMA CANCER
CONTACT INFORMATION: *contact me to schedule a time and date for a makeup session
EVA SHEPPARD ADDRESS: 13 WILDERNESS WAY, CHADDS FORD, PA 19317
The 5 or 1, 5k run or 1 mile fun walk, held on May 4th, 2014, will directly benefit Sarcoma Cancer research. In loving memory of our friend, Allison Valverde, who was granted her angel wings in April of 2012, we will release butterflies at the beginning of the race. There will be something for everyone; door prizes, awards for each gender/age group, special performances, and more! Come out and support a beautiful cause and kick off Spring!
Early Registration: $20.00 (includes t-shirt, refreshments, door prize raffle)
The event will be at Meadow Breeze Park in Washington, NJ in Warren County.
On-site registration begins at 8am
Race begins promptly at 9am
Walk begins promptly at 9:30am
We hope to see you there!
• Platinum ($1,000): Listed on event T-shirts XL print, sponsor recognition in all race emails, five complimentary race registrants, if interested you may set up an informational table, hand out promotional materials/product samples, and/or display signage on race day. ($100 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• Gold ($500): Listed on event T-shirts in L print, sponsor recognition in all race emails, three complimentary race registrants, if interested you may set up an informational table or hand out promotional materials/product samples on race day. ($60 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• Silver ($250): Listed on event T-shirts in M print, sponsor recognition in all race emails, two complimentary race registrants. ($40 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• Bronze ($100): Listed on event T-shirts in S print, one complimentary race registrant. ($20 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• T-shirt sponsor - Complete sponsorship ($800): Listed on event t-shirts in L print, sponsor recognition in all race emails, four complimentary race registrants. ($80 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• Awards/Medals - ($200): Listed on event t-shirts in S print, one complimentary race registrant ($20 of sponsorship is not tax deductible)
• In-Kind Donations: Gift cards, product donations, snacks(granola bars, bagels, fruits, chips, ice etc.), and water bottles for door prize raffles would be appreciated: List on event T-shirts as an In-Kind donator, complimentary race registrants based on donation
Date: May 20, 2014
Time: 1:00 pm EDT
Title: Current and Future Treatment Options for Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Presenter: Richard F. Riedel, MD
Associate Professor, Division of Medical Oncology
Associate Director, Clinical and Translational Research, Duke Sarcoma Program
Duke Cancer Institute
Duke University Medical Center
This presentation highlights the current state of the art, with respect to the treatment of advanced, metastatic and progressive soft tissue sarcomas. The presentation will highlight the relevant published clinical trial data that informs current decision making, as well as ongoing clinical trials.
Location: Ross Ferraro Town Center
Carol Stream, IL
Time: 8:00 am
We are eagerly planning the 11th annual Bud's Run, a 5K Run/Walk that remembers Bud Swanson and raises funds for the Sarcoma Foundation of America. We also wish to remember and honor others that we know who have "moved on" as a result of sarcoma. But, let me be clear that this race event is a celebration. Bud loved to run and to race and he loved coaching runners. Bud's Run is a joyous gathering of runners, friends of runners, and those who understand that life is precious and deserves celebration every day.
Please come and join us; you will have fun and you will add to the value of the day. 100% of the proceeds, after race expenses, are donated to the Sarcoma Foundation of America.
If you are unable to attend, but wish to support the event, click the button below to make a donation.
Date: July 9, 2014
Time: 1:00 pm EDT
Title: SFA Advocacy and Volunteering: How you can help make an impact on sarcoma!
Lori Hodo Hoffman
SFA Manager of Scientific and Government Affairs
Patrice Guzman, M.B.A
SFA Chapter Manager
• Provides a brief overview of the legislative process and of the SFA’s legislative priorities
• Highlights ways to get involved and become a sarcoma advocate
• Provides a brief overview of the benefits of joining an existing SFA Chapter or starting a new SFA Chapter
• Provides a brief overview of how individuals can get involved with the SFA
• Provides insight into the impact volunteering with the SFA has on the organization
The 4th Annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma 5K is both a 5K (3.1 miles) Run or 5K Walk event.
We are pleased to announce the 4th Annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma 5K Run / Walk will be held on Saturday, July 12, 2014, at the North Park Boat House in Allison Park, PA. The event is being organized in cooperation with the Sarcoma Foundation of America (SFA). Our goal is to raise both awareness and resources for sarcoma research through the SFA and the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI) Sarcoma Research Fund. The success of this effort depends on contributions from both organizations and concerned individuals.
Special Event Attractions!
Sarcoma candle memorial ceremony, 5K runner awards and trophies, basket raffle, door prizes,‘Act 80’ live band, 50/50 drawing, post race food, race team displays and festivities.
All runners will be ‘Champion Chip’ timed by Runners High Timing Company.
North Park Boathouse
Pearce Mill Road
Allison Park, PA 15101
Information on sarcoma subtypes, treatments, clinical trials, and other important resources for sarcoma patients and families.
Information on the Sarcoma Patient Registry. If you are diagnosed with sarcoma, please consider joining the Registry.
Information on applying for a sarcoma research grant, current research funded by the SFA, and past research grants.