The Sarcoma Foundation of America (SFA) is seeking a creative communications professional to join a passionate and dedicated team. The Communications Manager will support the development and implementation of digital and traditional communications functions to support the mission and goals of SFA. This position will seek out creative opportunities to increase general sarcoma awareness and to promote SFA’s programmatic accomplishments, events, and community engagement opportunities.
- Assist with conceiving and implementing outreach strategies for SFA’s fundraising initiatives, events and community engagement activities; identify target audiences and craft tailored messages
- Create promotional and digital materials to support patient education and advocacy initiatives
- Utilize social media platforms to promote SFA, sarcoma awareness and engage the sarcoma community
- Collaborate with graphic designer to develop concepts for digital and hard-copy collateral
- Develop press releases and identify members of the national media, health trade, science press, and key digital communications influencers on sarcoma, health policy, and advocacy issues to advance SFA’s priorities
- Manage the planning and production of SFA’s monthly electronic newsletter by leading the editorial calendar, developing content, creating the issues, and overseeing the posting and distribution
- Develop and maintain data dashboards to measure and report effectiveness of SFA’s communications and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of relevant experience in communications and marketing; experience in a nonprofit, scientific or medical environment is preferred
- Must possess excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creatively, and collaboratively, as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, delegate tasks, and manage budgets
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in digital communication channels and marketing
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe or Canva, or similar tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in data and analytics to measure and evaluate the impact of communications and marketing efforts
- Must have an interest and aptitude to learn about sarcoma and developments in sarcoma research
The Sarcoma Foundation of America (SFA) advocates for increased research to find new and better therapies with which to treat patients and the organization raises money to privately fund grants for sarcoma research, education, and advocacy efforts on behalf of the entire sarcoma community.
This position is full time. The staff is primarily teleworking but there are times this position will attend in-office meetings. Candidates must be able to commute to the office for in-office days. Our national office is in Montgomery County, Maryland, outside of Washington, DC.
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line, “Communications Manager.” No phone calls please. EOE.