TITLE: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
In partnership with the Director of Development and Communications, the Development Manager will advance SFA’s development strategy and increase resources for SFA’s research and programming. This position will participate in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors, manage the direct response and online giving programs, assist with growing corporate and foundation support and work with the Director to enhance SFA’s gala fundraising event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Assist the Director of Development and Communications with the production and implementation of a development strategy to support SFA’s strategic goals.
- Work with the Director of Development and Communications to coordinate and implement ongoing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors, foundations, corporate and strategic partners.
- Research and track pipeline of prospects for major donors, foundations and corporations; analyze database records and prospect research to identify donors with increased capacity and propensity to give.
- Draft content for donor communications including emails, letters, brochures, newsletters, website pages and social media posts.
- Manage the direct mail program: implement the direct mail schedule, coordinate, and sometimes draft, the content, and monitor the program analytics.
- Coordinate online giving for SFA, including stewardship of content, preparation of reports, integration with social media activities and creation and maintenance of web content.
- Research grant opportunities through corporate and family foundations and make connections with identified organizations.
- Work with the Director of Development and Communications to manage annual/ongoing fundraising events (NY Gala and race series as needed) and assist with the cultivation and planning of additional fundraising opportunities.
- Manage SFA donor acknowledgement program both in house and external partner.
- Field donor calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position could supervise up to one staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- The Development Manager shall possess:
Bachelor’s degree in related field and 7+ years of experience in fundraising at a nonprofit organization, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to professionally interact with individual, corporate/foundation and cause related marketing prospects and donors, members, Board members, sponsors, event volunteers, consultants and all levels of staff and vendors.
- Knowledge of direct mail strategy and functions, major gift programs and grant proposal writing.
- Strong writing, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with donor databases.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision and meet deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through.
- Attention to detail.
- Sensitivity to confidential information.
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line Development Manager. No phone calls please. EOE
This position is exempt/full time and is located at our national office in Montgomery County, Maryland, outside of Washington, D.C. The staff is currently teleworking due to the COVID-19. A hybrid of teleworking and in office days will continue when the SFA office opens.