Finance and Administration Manager
TITLE: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
The Finance and Administration Manager supports the organization’s finance, human resources and operations functions and is responsible for developing, implementing, and ensuring the timely flow of organizational processes and communications in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position handles duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature and provides hands-on, detail-oriented leadership in managing activities assigned by the CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Reconcile bank statements and other balance sheet accounts.
- Manage A/P, A/R entries and reconcile donor database in QuickBooks.
- Prepare internal monthly financial reports as requested
- Prepare revenue and expense reports and oversee financial policies and compliance for fundraising events.
- Work in consultation with the CEO and the Director of Finance and Administration regarding the management of employee benefits, related vendors and human resources policies and procedures.
- Oversee annual renewal and administer benefits program including health, vision and dental insurance, retirement program, ensuring compliance with employment law and best practices.
- Oversee and administer the human resources functions of the organization.
- Manage and execute the payroll process and record bi–weekly payroll through third party vendor.
- Oversee annual retirement plan renewal or plan changes.
- Complete annual workmen’s compensation audit and maintain workmen’s compensation files.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals; formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output; monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Develop and manage organization’s office operations and procedures.
- Oversee office space changes, purchases of equipment, supplies and furniture.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord.
- Participate in executive-level management functions as requested by the CEO.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree plus seven or more years of experience working in finance and administration in a non-profit environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit finance and administration, management skills and the ability to work with diverse people in a busy and sometimes fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects at once.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to respond flexibly and resourcefully to the workload fluctuations, demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with accounting or financial management software and fundraising databases, as well as the ability to learn new programs.
- Experience with human resource management.
- Ability to acquire a comprehensive understanding of SFA, and be familiar with the appropriate strategies, structures and staffing to ensure that issues are effectively addressed.
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Finance and Administration Manager. No phone calls please. EOE
This position is exempt/full time and is located at our national office in Montgomery County, Maryland, outside of Washington, D.C. The staff is currently teleworking due to the COVID-19. A hybrid of teleworking and in office days will continue when the SFA office opens.