Fundraising Events Manager
The Fundraising Events Manager will work collaboratively to advance the success of the Sarcoma Foundation of America’s (SFA) Race to Cure Sarcoma run/walk event series and execute it locally (at race locations) and/or virtually. The Fundraising Events Manager will implement, coordinate and manage assigned Race to Cure Sarcoma and other fundraising events to attain and exceed financial goals. This position recruits, trains, and manages volunteers, and develops/maintains relationships with corporate partners, community organizations, Health Care Providers and others in the communities assigned for the purposes of supporting SFA’s mission.
- Directly responsible for working with RTCS team and volunteers to achieve goals through assigned fundraising initiatives. Assignments may include specific event elements such as sponsorship, team recruitment & engagement, committee development and logistics. Includes utilizing organizational best practices, achieving specific revenue and expense budget, managing the timeline and logistics, leading volunteer recruitment activities and efforts, marketing, and sponsorship solicitation for each event.
- Recruit, orient, train and coach/mentor volunteers to organize events that meet or exceed the established goals.
- Build appropriate recruitment and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain and upgrade event donors/sponsors/teams and participants. Work with the development team to improve donor relations activities related to these events.
- Collaborate with communications team to develop local marketing/communications/media relations efforts to drive awareness and community engagement in SFA events.
- Work collaboratively to develop new events and the appropriate infrastructure to support them.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising initiatives, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event potential, and overall success of the event. Develop and implement strategies to enhance growth potential. Collaborate with National Director, RTCS to create event budgets and revenue plan to achieve goals.
- Travel to event sites
- At least 5 Years of nonprofit fundraising event experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple events at a time
- Knowledge of best practices in the peer-to-peer fundraising and event fields. Experience in successful peer-to-peer fundraising events such as walks, runs and 5k events. Ability to fundraise and identify new sources for revenue
- An effective leader of volunteers with the ability to handle conflict and resolve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills required; ability to build and nurture relationships to increase visibility, brand awareness, volunteer staff and revenue.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, good time management skills
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks in the following areas: Fundraising, marketing/communications, community engagement and administrative duties (as required).
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze financial goals and fundraising reports and generate required reports on a timely basis.
- Passionate about finding a cure for sarcoma preferred
- Comfortable in navigating a changing environment and competing demands
- Ability to travel as required for events and related meetings
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends (as needed) for preparation and execution of events
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line, “Fundraising Events Manager.”