TITLE: HR ADMINISTRATION & OPERATIONS MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
The Human Resource Administration & Operations Manager supports the organization’s human resources and administration functions and is responsible for developing, implementing, and ensuring the timely flow of organizational processes and communications in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position handles duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature and provides hands-on, detail-oriented leadership in managing activities assigned by the CEO and working with the organization’s Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resource Administration & Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Participates in executive-level management functions as requested by the CEO; Assist in the development and implementation of strategic plans for operational activity.
- In partnership with the CEO, coordinate and facilitate collaboration between SFA departments; monitor assignments delegated to staff and facilitate timely completion so that deadlines are met; monitor the operations plan, deadlines, projects, and follows-up on action items.
- Prepares and arranges for Board and committee meetings and maintains board records; with the CEO, manages the communications and operations of the organization’s Board of Directors.
- Work with SFA staff to prepare presentations and materials needed for speaking engagements and meetings.
Human Resource Administration
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration by managing organization benefits, payroll, and human resources functions.
- Manage human resources systems including new hire paperwork, termination processing and payroll contract.
- Manage and execute the payroll process and record bi–weekly payroll through third party vendor.
- Facilitate and maintain personnel paperwork/records and vacation and sick leave records.
- Work in consultation with the CEO and the Director of Finance and Administration regarding the management of employee benefits, related vendors and employee handbook.
- Administer benefits program including health, vision and dental insurance, retirement program, ensuring compliance with employment law and best practices.
- Complete annual workmen’s compensation audit and maintain workmen’s compensation files.
- Respond to inquiries regarding human resources policies, benefits and internal operations.
- Conduct exit interviews for terminating employees.
- Orient new employees and coordinate annual staff review process.
- Develop and oversee procedures for recruitment and hiring.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals; formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output; monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Supervise information technology service providers to ensure reliable and efficient use of computers and other technology.
- Develop and manage organization’s office operations and procedures.
- Maintain insurance policies, subscriptions and registrations to ensure compliance with legal standards.
- Oversee office space changes, purchases of equipment, supplies and furniture.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord.
- Miscellaneous financial duties.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree plus six or more years of experience working in operations or administration in a non-profit environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated management skills and the ability to work with diverse people in a busy and sometimes fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects at once.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to respond flexibly and resourcefully to the workload fluctuations, demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including some experience with accounting or financial management software and fundraising databases, as well as the ability to learn new programs.
- Experience with human resource management.
- Experience with managing IT and technology.
- Ability to acquire a comprehensive understanding of SFA, and be familiar with the appropriate strategies, structures and staffing to ensure that issues are effectively addressed.
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line HR and Operations Manager. No phone calls please. EOE
This position is exempt/full time and is located at our national office in Montgomery County, Maryland, outside of Washington, D.C. The staff is currently teleworking due to the COVID-19. A hybrid of teleworking and in office days will continue when the SFA office opens.