Manager of Community Engagement
The Manager of Community Engagement is a national, regional and local project manager for SFA and serves as the day-to-day contact with many of our volunteers, vendors and related stakeholders. The Manager understands every aspect of the Race to Cure Sarcoma event series and executes it locally and/or virtually through a peer-to-peer (P2P) effort. This is a unique opportunity to help support existing P2P events and design new ones to help bring greater awareness for sarcoma and increase funding support for sarcoma research, advocacy and education. Working alongside the development team and senior leadership, you will help shape this series of events for a growing organization.
- Serve as front-line customer service and support for registered fundraisers.
- Create fundraising materials and e-mail content specific to P2P programs to motivate and inspire fundraisers.
- Assist P2P fundraisers with fundraising page set-up and earned incentive ordering process.
- Serve as lead day-to-day contact for portfolio of DIY fundraisers and events.
- Work with Director of Development to improve donor relations activities related to these events.
- Assist with marketing plan (including social media, email marketing, research projects).
- Pull and compile analytics, helping with database input, and other maintenance for online fundraising platform.
- Work alongside CEO and Director of Development to develop new events and the appropriate infrastructure to support them.
- Contribute to the event materials and processes needed to support volunteers and donors for current and future events.
- Work with partners to execute profitable, engaging fundraising events at pilot & existing sites.
- Support local site volunteers as needed.
- Manages and assures the development of event materials required for the success and implementation of successful events.
- Responsible for ensuring fundraising policies and related regulations are followed for the success of the event.
- Assist in developing a DIY online focused event model.
- 3-5 years of Nonprofit Fundraising Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Communications; Public Administration; Business; Social Work/Human Services; Public Health or related field.
- Ability to fundraise and identify new sources for revenue.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple events at a time.
- Knowledge of best practices in the peer-to-peer fundraising and event fields.
- At least 3 years of experience of event planning required.
- Enjoys working with people and is an effective leader of volunteers with the ability to handle conflict and resolve issues with volunteers.
- Past experience with P2P fundraising and events preferred.
- Superb organization and planning.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, good time management skills.
- Passionate about finding a cure for sarcoma preferred.
- Strong computer skills — MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Comfortable in navigating a changing environment and competing demands.
- Ability to travel as required for events and related meetings.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends (as needed) for preparation and execution of events.
This position is exempt/full time and is located at our national office in Montgomery County, Maryland, outside of Washington, DC. The office is not metro accessible. Parking is provided. This position reports to the Director of Development. Must be comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment.
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Manager of Community Engagement.” No phone calls please. EOE.