Office Manager/Senior Administrative Assistant, Office of the CEO
The Office Manager/Senior Administrative Assistant provides executive level administrative support to the CEO with a high degree of initiative, confidentiality and professional demeanor. Will organize and coordinate office administration and procedure, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Maintains poise to project professional image of the Office of the CEO, with high energy, diplomacy and creativity in work strategies. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Anticipates the CEO’s needs for information/material for meetings, speaking engagements, etc., and prepares/coordinates information to assist in the CEO’s response to telephone calls, correspondence and other requests.
- Acts as SFA’s Assistant Secretary of the Board. Prepares and arranges for Board and Committee meetings and maintains board records.
- Participates in executive-level management functions with and on behalf of the CEO to provide point of contact in the CEO’s absence, and to assure continuity of information and communications through the Office of the CEO.
- Assures that correspondence (inter-office/email), phone calls, transcription and scheduling activities are handled in a timely and effective manner. Responsible for scheduling and coordination of the CEO’s daily appointments and travel.
- Answers calls to the Office of the CEO, assists callers as appropriate and ensures that messages are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Retrieves incoming mail, forwards mail as appropriate, and reviews communications for priority attention.
- Responsible for general filing, logging and labeling documents and correspondence to assure retention and access to information.
- Process financial/accounting-related items for the CEO, including purchase orders, expense reports, check requests and other payment processing on behalf of the CEO.
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Coordinate with IT on all office equipment.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
- Other duties as requested.
- Bachelor degree preferred or comparable work experience.
- 5-10 years minimum experience in a senior level office setting.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, ability to manage multiple tasks of high priority, in professional, confidential, and efficient manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, discretion, sound judgement, tact and poise to project professional image of the Office of the CEO and to facilitate smooth operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to respond flexibly and resourcefully to the workload fluctuations, demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Office Suite, and basic experience with database management software required.
- English fluency required.
This position is exempt/full time and is located at our national office in Montgomery County, Maryland, outside of Washington, D.C. The office is not metro accessible. Parking is provided. This position reports to the CEO. Must be comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment.
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line, “Office Manager/Senior Administrative Assistant.” No phone calls please. EOE