Sarcoma Treatment Centers
Because sarcomas are rare, it is important to find physicians and multidisciplinary treatment centers that have experience with this disease.
The following is a list of medical centers and hospitals specializing in sarcoma. While the list is not comprehensive, it includes leaders in sarcoma research and treatment. The Sarcoma Foundation of America stands in unison with the Sarcoma Alliance, recognizing sarcoma treatment centers that meet the following criteria:
- A sarcoma medical group consisting of all specialties, including surgical, orthopedic and medical oncologists; radiologists; pathologists; and oncology nursing as well as rehabilitation services.
- At least one group member who belongs to a sarcoma-oriented medical organization, such as the Connective Tissue Oncology Society (CTOS).
- Publications concerning sarcoma in peer-reviewed journals.
- Sarcoma conferences (e.g. Tumor Board), where sarcoma group members meet at least once per month to discuss patient care issues.
- At least 50 sarcoma patients seen per year.
- MRI imaging available; PET scans desired.
- Patient enrollment in clinical trials.
- Strong support personnel such as social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Sarcoma support group desired.
If you meet this criteria and would like to be listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.