Sarcoma Awareness Month
Why do we have a Sarcoma Awareness Month? Simply, sarcoma is still considered to be the “forgotten cancer.” Efforts to encourage research and drug development are made more challenging due to a lack of awareness and understanding. How as a community do we raise funds for vital research if people don’t know that this cancer exists?
Though the Sarcoma Foundation of America works tirelessly every day to raise awareness, during Sarcoma Awareness Month we aim to further highlight the extraordinary challenges that sarcoma patients face and the need for more sarcoma research and better sarcoma therapies. Please join us in our efforts and pledge to bring awareness to your community!
Some easy ways to take action now:
- Follow SFA on social media and share our posts to spread awareness about sarcoma. SOCIAL MEDIA KIT COMING SOON!
- Share your story on social media tagging @CureSarcoma #SarcomaAwarenessMonth.
- Place a sarcoma awareness yard sign in front of your house. ORDER SIGNS HERE
- Register for the National Virtual Race to Cure Sarcoma to raise much needed funds for research.
- Have your kids enter the Children’s Artwork Competition.