Sarcoma Foundation of America Research Grants – 2021 Funding Opportunity Announcement
The Sarcoma Foundation of America (SFA) is pleased to announce a research funding opportunity to provide one-year grants in the amount of $50,000, to support translational science research on the etiology, molecular biology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of human sarcomas. The grants are awarded on an annual cycle from June 1 to May 31 (the annual period of performance). Grant awards for the 2021 cycle will be made on June 1, 2021.
In support of our overall mission to fund research and increase awareness and advocacy for sarcoma patients and their families, the goal of the SFA grant program is to encourage research that results in improved therapeutic options for sarcoma patients. The SFA will only accept applications that focus on the following areas of research for the 2021 cycle:
• Omic characterization of sarcomas and definition of novel targets
• Omic patterns of sensitivity and resistance to existing agents
• Systemic therapy combinations
• Gene Therapy
For each awarded grant, funding of up to $50,000 in total cost is available to cover equipment, supplies and other expenses in support of research within the period of performance. In addition, the following funding restrictions apply:
• Applications proposing clinical trials are not eligible and will not be funded
• No more than 10% of the total cost amount can be applied to indirect cost (e.g., $5,000 indirect cost toward the $50,000 total cost of the grant)
• The SFA does not permit funds to be used for Principal Investigator (PI) salaries. However, applicants are permitted to request money for the payment of salaries for non-faculty post-docs, fellows, and technicians, if applicable. No more than 50% of total cost can be used for salaries (e.g., $25,000 for the $50,000 award). Applications requesting more than this amount for salaries will not be accepted.
Interested parties may begin submitting grant applications on Tuesday, October 1, 2020. Grants will be reviewed by the SFA Medical Advisory Board immediately following the application deadline of 5:00 pm EST on February 1, 2021.
Researchers must submit proposals electronically at proposalCENTRAL. First-time users will be required to register and complete a professional profile in order to apply for an SFA research grant. The SFA does not accept applications via e-mail.
Questions about SFA research grants can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding proposalCENTRAL can be directed to proposalCENTRAL customer service at 1-800-875-2562.